Monday, December 14, 2009

Good Book Alert!

Reading is a very bad habit for me. I really do try to limit my reading. On occasion, a book will fall into my hands which causes me to lose the power to ever put it down. Consequently, my house looks like a disaster and whatever chores I do accomplish are done in haste so that I can pick the book up again. I know...it is terrible. There really needs to be a self-help group for people like me. I am forbidden to go into bookstores because my otherwise thrifty self, spares no expense on reading material. My poor little library card has seen better days. Oh well!

This latest little gem is one that I had to share! If I had the money, all of my family and friends would be receiving this as a Christmas present! :) It was a sheer delight and absolutely enchanting! If you are looking for the laugh, cry and heavy sigh book, this is the one for you! It is the book you think of when you want to curl up on the couch with your favorite blanket, fuzzy socks and good cup of tea.

So here it is: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Enjoy!

2 comments:

M. T. said...

I loved this book too! :)

Elizabeth said...

I asked for it for Christmas because our library doesn't have it! :) I look forward to reading it! Thanks!