Thursday, December 17, 2009

Advent Presentations Week #3!

Gaudete Sunday! This is the week when we focus on the joy that we have as we continue to prepare for the coming of the Christ Child! I think that most of the "joy" in this house came from the lighting of the pink candle...but that is okay! :)

This week our presentation focused on the Annunciation! I felt so blessed to be able to share this with Rose. I don't know how much she understood, but I do know that she sat so still and quiet as I read the story to her. She was really absorbing every word I said and watching very intently as I used the figures of Mary and the angel Gabriel. I think that we are going to revisit this presentation a few more times this week. I think it was a new concept for her to see Mary without Joseph. I think it was the first time she really saw Mary as a girl, apart from the nativity scene. The one-on-one communication with the angel seemed to really intrigue her and I wonder what she was thinking about that. I think this next week will hold a few questions that may leave Mommy searching for answers. :) Here are a few photos:

1) The angel Gabriel and Mary in "Mary's House." I cut this out of cardboard this year. I hope that next year I may have the resources to make something out of wood, but for now, this worked to get the point across. :)

2) A close-up of Mary and the Angel. I used the figures from the Playmobil set, which was my "investment" piece this year. All of the figures are movable, simple and separate (so the gifts from the Three Kings can be moved out of their hands and the baby Jesus can be moved out of the manager.) This is the set I will use for the actual Christmas presentation.

3) Our pink candle and our Week 3 card.

4) Close up of our Week 3 Card with scripture verse.



5) Rose Marie's coloring Advent wreath. She LOVES this! She was a little overzealous this week and already colored in the last candle. :) She loves seeing how her coloring page continues to look just like our Advent wreath on the table. I keep our Advent wreath on the dinning room table along with the cards for the week. This has been really beneficial for her and keeps it always present in her mind.


No comments: