Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Wonder!

I have been looking forward to this Advent season, since last Christmas. I was so certain that this year, everything would be peaceful, calm, prayerful and joyful. As life would have it, that has not been exactly the case. There has been much suffering, baby sickness, 3-year old emotional issues and a general feeling of disorder.

However, a few nights ago, we took our children out and hunted down a Christmas tree. We sang, we laughed, we played, we all gave our stamp of approval on the beautiful tree. We decided to give up on dinner, eat sugar cookies, turn on Christmas music and decorate our tree. We had such a glorious, fun-filled night!

Then, after Samuel was snug in his bed, I gathered up my little Rose Marie and we padded down the stairs, shutting off every light as we went. We shut off all of the lights except for the Christmas tree lights. Her eyes were so wide and so bright! We laid down beneath our beautiful tree and admired the lights. We spoke in soft whispers and snuggled close. I whispered to her the story of Our Lord's birth. She was so thrilled! We prayed and asked blessings of the Christ Child.

Here is my Advent. Thank you little daughter for bringing me down to the manager once again. Thank you for helping me to see the wonder in this season! Thank you for reminding me that no matter what storms are raging around me, Jesus always has the power to calm them...and more importantly He always does. I just need to go and snuggle close to Him and ask Him to hold me. Thank you Rose Marie for being Jesus' special gift to Mommy! I love you!

1 comment:

M. T. said...

*sigh* Sounds lovely!
(we have 3 yo emotional issues here too -- and consequently mommy issues. :)