Monday, April 28, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Pizza...Oh my!

I have been wanting to take Rose Marie to the zoo for some time now and we were finally able to go this weekend. It was supposed to rain this Saturday, but I prayed to St. Francis and St. Scholastica and begged them for nice weather just long enough for us to get through the zoo. It worked! We had incredible weather for the morning and then the rain came in buckets that evening. Rose Marie LOVED the zoo! The monkeys were particularly fascinating as they were big show-offs. After the zoo we took her out for pizza, so I am fairly certain that Saturday was probably the greatest day of her whole life. As we sat there in the booth, eating our pizza, she told us about what she had seen. She ended her story with a last long bite of her beloved food, gave a very happy sigh and laid her little head happily on my shoulder. It really was a wonderful day!
1) These are big black bears. They were really playful and came right up to the glass. Rose was very impressed.

2) She wasn't too sure about the giraffe. They were not very polite or patient when she tried to feed them. :)

3) Penguins!!!

4) Daddy and Rose Marie feeding the goats. These weren't as messy or as rude as the giraffe, so she really enjoyed this one.

3 comments:

Mary said...

REALLY cute pictures!

Can I just say -- its on my mind today:
Why oh why don't we live next door?????

Wife of a Soldier said...

AW! Zoos are such perfect places for this age! :) We just went with the kids and wore Jax out, lol! I do wish I lived so much closer to everyone so we could all go together!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! What Zoo did you go to?? Oh! we will all have to go together some time! but I bet it was super fun for the three of you to take an outing together!! And I am sure Rose Marie was really funny to watch with the animals!! Any way I LOVE the Pictures! Kiss Rose for me, pat your belly, and give Jake........ 2 enthusiastic thumbs up!! ~Brain Regan~ ;) I love you all!! ;) and I will see you this weekend!