Thursday, May 8, 2008

First Holy Communion

One of the great things about coming from a big Catholic family, is the constant celebrating of sacraments. Last summer we celebrated my brother's marriage, and very soon we will be celebrating their baby's (whomever he or she may be) Baptism. This past weekend, we were able to celebrate my youngest sister's First Holy Communion! She could not have asked for a more beautiful day! The Mass was of course, beautiful! Emma looked so radiant, happy and pure! It was a wonderful feeling to be sitting there in the pew with my whole family, my sister-in-law due with their baby any day, myself with a toddler (not at the Mass) and a new little one growing in my womb, all there to witness this incredible moment for my little sister! As St. Therese would say, she received her first kiss from Jesus, that morning, and the whole family was there to be a part of that beautiful romance. God bless you Emma! Always stay close to Jesus in the Eucharist!

No comments: