Friday, April 25, 2008

A Night Out!


My husband and I were given the opportunity to attend Christendom College's 30th Anniversary Gala! I knew we were going to have a wonderful time, but I think we were both unprepared for the flood of memories that would fill that night. As we listened to the speeches and saw the pictures of the presentations, we remembered just how incredibly blest we were. It is such a unique College experience to be on a campus where the Eucharist truly is the center, not only of the campus, but of student life as a whole. I miss that time in my life where every class was God centered, conversations were always truth seeking, and relationships flourished because of the life we all shared. Sitting there as a wife and mother, I do not wish to go back to that time, but I can see so clearly how it prepared me for my vocation. It was a time in my life when prayer, frequent sacraments and living the good life were easy. Now, I have day-to-day challenges, but that peace and the relationship with God that was formed and solidified during my time at Christendom is my anchor and touchstone. The faith may not be so easy to live now, (now is the time for practicing St. Therese's "Little Way"), but it is there, strong in my daily life and I am so eternally grateful for that. Congratulations, Christendom College, on 30 wonderful years of Catholic Higher Education! Thank you for your faithfulness to Our Lord and His bride, the Church!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love how you said "anchor and touchstone"! Everything you say is so just right. Amen, and God bless CC.

On another note -- I love checking your baby bubble for how soon your baby is coming and how far along you are! :)

Anonymous said...

Jess, hearing you talk about Christendom always makes me soooo excited to go! I can't wait to go this fall and become part of the Christendom family and history!! I can't wait to go and have my own Christendom experiences and make my own memories!! Thank you so much for making it even more exciting!!