Sunday, April 13, 2008

Animals!!!

We have had such a wonderfully, relaxing weekend as a little family. Saturday morning Daddy treated his girls to a breakfast out. I have to say, it was so much fun to sit there and eat our meals and drink our coffee, while Rose Marie also munched away and drank her water and chatted happily about her week. Then we went for a walk in the warm morning sun. Finally, we made our way to the petting zoo! Rose Marie was sooo excited and it was such a joy to watch her. She was able to touch a sheep, a goat, bunnies, a pot belly pig, a horse and a newborn lamb. I was surprised how gentle she was with the bunnies and the lamb. She was fascinated to feel how prickly the pig was and then to find how amazingly soft the bunnies were. She has been talking about it ever since.

Today, in the Gospel she heard Father talk about the Shepherd and the Sheep...she started looking around, hoping that they were going to make an entrance. I will have to save that lesson for later, but for now, I was happy that she made the connection and was semi-listening!

I feel so blest by my little daughter and my wonderful husband! They bring me more happiness then I could have ever imagined. Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great!! I love the first one of Rose Marie! It is so sweet! That is so cool that she made the conection at Mass! She is one smart cookie :)
I love you guys!

Mary said...

Woah, your daughter is a sharp one! T. spends the whole mass talking about going "bye-bye??" No listening there! :)
And Rose is the cutest girl toddler EVER -- after mine of course ;)
I miss you today! Hope you are feeling good!