Wednesday, May 28, 2008

10 Things I learned this weekend...

My wonderful husband, decided that for my birthday, he would give me a whole weekend for just us two. Our little lovebug went to Marmie's house for the weekend and she obviously had a blast! Here are some things I learned or re-discovered about myself this weekend.

1) I LOVE quality time with my husband. (Not that I ever forgot that...but it was so nice just to be alone with him for awhile!)

2) Being away from my daughter, while relaxing, is incredibly difficult! I needed a few hours to let her go, even though I knew she was having fun at Marmie's.

3) I am actually a rather spontaneous, laid back, go with the flow kind of person. I forget that fact when I am concerned about snack times, naptimes, grumpy time, lunch and dinner times and bed time!

4) I LOVE listening to music too loudly, especially with the windows rolled down.

5) I think Boogie boarding in cold water is a total rush! And if I could, I would do it every weekend!

6) Despite all the time we spend together, my husband and I still have an endless supply of things to talk and laugh about. The really wonderful thing is, the longer we are together, the more things we have to laugh about.

7) When putting sunscreen on my husband's back, it is vital to remember that those places that I overlook, will most likely receive 3rd degree burns, not a tan. Yes, I was promptly fired from my position of "sunscreen applier" on our trip home from the beach. But luckily I found the aloe vera lotion, so I wasn't in too much trouble!

8) Sleeping in past 6:30 is the ultimate gift!

9) When Rose Marie is gone for the weekend, do NOT go in her room. It will only reduce you tears.

10) I think my husband is the funniest person I know. No one else can make me laugh as much as he does!

P.S. Five Guys Burgers and Fries...the GREATEST date food ever!!!! (Gotta love pregnancy cravings!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some things Marmie learned last weekend!That a sandwich is only a garnish "not to be eaten,just admired".(I am pretty sure I have heard that one before though).Pickles and chips are what the meal is about.That 6:15 seems much earlier at ( ) than it did at 28.That hugs from a grandchild can melt you and make you remember things you might have stored away as just a memory.That her new cousin, Sophia might be ok, not sure yet.That Bud Bud must be pretty close most of the time.And last of all that "I love you Marmie" could make me give Rose things that I would'nt give my own children.

Wife of a Soldier said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! :)