Saturday, May 17, 2008

Confessions:

1) I do not read to my daughter for educational purposes. I read to her because I LOVE smelling her hair as it rests on my shoulder. I love the way she curls into me and then lets herself just rest (something an active toddler does so rarely!) I love how she strokes my arm or my hand as I read, as a way of showing quiet and tender affection.



2) I find both my husband and my daughter irresistible when they are focused on something. I have to consciously resist the urge to distract them. I know that Maria Montessorri talks about "observing," but Rose Marie is the most snuggling when she is "working!" It is so difficult not to gather her into my arms and smother her with kisses (I am pretty sure Maria Montessorri would feel the same way if she was observing Rose Marie and she would forgive the many times that I give in!)

No comments: