Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Refreshed!

I am so eternally grateful for the man whom God choose for me to be with. As sappy as it may sound, I do believe in soul-mates. Thankfully God led us to one another. It is incredible how after 41/2 years of marriage we are still best friends. I think it explains why I feel such a vacuum in my life when he is gone. This past weekend we had plans to go and "do things" together...get out and reconnect. That never actually happened because time flew by just being near each other at the house. We didn't watch TV or a movie, we didn't go out, we simply enjoyed being together. It is amazing how after that much time together we still manage to fill an evening with laughter, amazing conversation and fun. I was reminded again why we focused so much on the "friendship" aspect of our relationship while we were dating. I am so glad we did. Thank you Jake for being the man in my life, and especially for being my best friend. I love you. God is so good!

2 comments:

JellyBelly said...

I feel the same way about my husband! It amazes me that after being together for almost 7 years and married for almost 5 that I miss him when we're not together. I'm so glad that you rave about your husband as much as I rave about mine!

Little Things said...

:) I am just so grateful for the love that God has brought into my life...sometimes he needs to hear me brag about him a bit.