Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Daddy's Work

My amazing husband, turned to me this weekend and said, "I have an idea of a work I want to make for Samuel." I sat there, stunned, and then said, "Okay!" So we all got ready and went out to "The Man Store," a.k.a Lowes. It meant so much to me that Jake wanted to actively participate in putting together a Montessori inspired work for the kids! He knows that it is something important to me and he knows that I try very hard to make my materials as economical as possible, so it meant the world to me that he wanted to help. Here it is:





Needless to say, Sam LOVES it! He sat there forever putting it together and taking it apart. I was really amazed at how he was able to put the sizes together correctly. It is also pretty amazing watching those little fingers deftly twist the screws in place. I think it made him feel pretty manly. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great project. I love how Sam's face looks so serious as he works on the screws. So cute!

Love,
Amber

JellyBelly said...

I love how serious Sam looks! He's so lucky to have a handy daddy!

Mary said...

TOTALLY envious! :) Sam is such a sweetie.