Thursday, January 14, 2010

School Days

We did it! We are back in the swing of school and it is WONDERFUL! The, "he is being annoying," "I don't have anything to do," and "Mommy, what are you going to do with me now," statements have reached an all time low. Whew! That first morning of working with letters and numbers (with a bit of art work mixed in), was incredibly peaceful. I am so grateful and encouraged. It takes a great deal of planning and "stick-to-itness" but it has huge payoffs. Rose Marie in particular seems much more content and happy after having a little time with Mommy doing letter works. Samuel had his first crayon experience and he was so excited! I felt guilty for not having introduced it sooner. He would scribble happily for awhile and then sit there and point to his masterpiece and then bend over to kiss it. :) Very cute! He has been showing everyone his picture. I hope we can stick to this, because I think it gives all three of us a sense of accomplishment. I just need to be more determined to plan out my days a little better and actually stick with it. Wish us luck! :)

1) Focusing very intently:
2) He couldn't resist tasting just a few colors:


3 comments:

Marmie said...

Sounds just like the kind of day we hope for . Looks like a day to remember.One of the first drawings to be handed to Mom, ONE of his most favorite girls!!! He is just so adorable. I can tell you right now that they don't make a fridg big enough to hang all the beautiful artwork that Sam and Rose will create for you. Enjoy!

one muse more said...

Beautiful post and I love the new web design! It's so wintery and very Jess. :)

Little Things said...

Thank you! I am so glad you like the new design. :) I needed something new.

Marmie, our poor little fridge is already full and the artwork has made its way over to the kitchen walls. I love it! But I think we may have to "declutter" soon. :)