Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Beginning!

We have finally taken the Christmas decorations down and thus we welcome winter. I am ready to begin this New Year with the kids. I am hoping tomorrow that we will start our school and if we accomplish only that much, I will feel very victorious! (I will let you know how that goes!) I have been missing our school routine, and I get the impression, that Rose has too. She needs and loves to be challenged. The break has been nice, but I definitely feel like she has been bored. Hopefully with some focused, challenging activities in the morning, she will be more happy to play in the afternoon.

In other moments, I feel like I have been reminded in many ways that my Rose is growing up. I can't believe how fast this time has passed with her. I went shopping for a few clothes that she needed, and realized that she is quickly outgrowing the "baby" sections. :( I am not ready for this! I realize that she is still young, but I am not ready for the fact that even department stores no longer consider her a baby! When did this happen? I am feeling more like giving in to playing her "baby game," just to keep her small for a little longer. I know this is good, and I am trying to enjoy this stage without being too sad about her leaving behind babyhood for good. She is daily becoming such a nurturing little girl (except where her brother is concerned!) I love it!

And then there is Sam! He is, and always has been, his father's son! Need I say more? I am going to try to find challenging works for him to use over the course of this week, because he is in desperate need of them. This little one, has a busy mind that frightens me! :) I need to find activities to occupy it. His kisses, on the hand, well...they can continue to find a landing spot on his mother's lips. He is an adorable kisser, complete with the spicy little "come hither" look. But, we are going to stay focused this week and do works, so that we get away from manipulating Mommy with delicious kisses and making eyes at her! :) We shall see.

No comments: