Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolutions

So, the New Year turned out to be slightly different than we had planned, but I am feeling like God is teaching me more and more to roll with the punches. We planned on having at least one romantic date night to kick-start our New Year and a party at our home. However, everyone came down with a horrible cold/flu. We canceled our party and ended up having a date night in. It turned out to be fairly relaxing. Anyway, here are a few of the resolutions I would like to keep this year.

1) I want to get my spiritual life on track. I want to commit to some spiritual reading or reflection every day. More than anything I want to get this one to stick!

2) Exercise more regularly. I feel so much better about life in general and more capable about dealing with life stresses when I have an outlet. I think for the good of my mothering, I need to make this more a priority.

3) I would love to pick up a new skill this year. I have yet to decide what it will be, but I am on the lookout. I have toyed with taking some cooking classes, or taking up knitting, or playing an instrument. This is the resolution I will probably not quite attain, but I like to think I will. :) If you have any suggestions for this one, I am definitely open to them!

4) Last, but not least, I would love to be able to talk to my friends on the phone more regularly! I always feel so refreshed and renewed after spending time in grown-up conversation. I really want to show my friends that they are important and cherished by reaching out and calling more than I do. This requires me to overcome my fear of talking on the phone, but I intend to be brave this year and to pick up the phone and call. :) I really hope I can follow through on this one!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for already fulfilling #3 and calling me! :)

Mara said...

Jessica, I am so sorry you all were sick! I hope everyone is feeling better!

You should totally take cooking classes! You are always talking about how much you enjoy it - and that would be so much fun! Wish I were closer so that i could do it with you! Have you seen Julie and Julia?

Little Things said...

Thanks for the encouragement! It would be so fun to take cooking classes together! I would love that! I did see the movie Julie and Julia and I really liked it. I loved watching them cook and discover themselves in the process. I think I especially liked the relationship between Julia and Paul. That relationship would be a great topic for discussion. :)