Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Hero, Brave and Strong!

Samuel's adoration of Mama, has reached new heights! He has become protective of me...and I must confess that I find it absolutely adorable.

Thanks to his uncles, Sam has learned to "shoot" at people using his little pointer finger and making a "shooting" noise. He shoots at everyone, and thinks it is funny when other people join his one man army. However, Mommy is strictly off limits for being shot at. If one breaks this cardinal rule, the fun is abruptly stopped and Nazgul-like screaming ensues.

Similarly, when playing the "hide and tickle game" with the kids, everything is fun and laughable, until Mama gets tickled. This is interpreted as the desecrating-of-all-that-is-sacred and again, end of game and lots of screaming.

The remedy when such an offense has taken place, is cuddling and I get showered by kisses until he has made sure that I am unscathed. I know, it is obsessive, but I find it really charming. :)


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So cute! Aren't little boys the best?!!?

Heather said...

I love that picture, Jess!

Wife of a Soldier said...

Aw! What a sweet little guy! :)