Friday, September 18, 2009

My First Project!

For quite some time, I have been coveting the ribbon boards sold at Pottery Barn for Kids. I will go into that store and simply stare at them, wishing I had one for Rose Marie's room. I know she would love it. Finally, I was tired of dreaming and decided that I would not spend that ridiculous amount of money for a ribbon board, so I decided to make one myself. I had so much fun with this project and Rose Marie is thrilled! We are going on vacation soon and she can't wait to print of some photos of her very own and organize them on the board. Rose Marie chose the fabric she liked (pink of course) and I added a few touches of my own to make it special. Here it is!

1) The materials were: an artist's canvas, quilt batting, nails/tacks, fabric, ribbons (of course) and decorative brads.



2) Covering the canvas and batting:


3) The finished product!









4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How cute!! Good job Mommy!

Wife of a Soldier said...

That's awesome! I'm sure Rose Marie loved it! :) Did you figure out how to do it yourself or find directions somewhere?

Wife of a Soldier said...

PS I like yours waaaay better than the ones PBKids sells! :)

M. T. said...

That's beautiful, Jessica! lucky Rose Marie!