Monday, August 3, 2009

Comfort


Last month was a busy month for us. One of the most exciting parts was celebrating Rose Marie's 3rd birthday! I can't believe that she is already 3 years old!

As I took the time to love, celebrate, and observe my little girl, a single word began to form in my mind. I began to think back on all that her and I have shared together, learned together and taught one another. I realized, that in a word, she is comfort to me. Comfort. She was a comfort the very moment she was placed on me after her birth. She was warm, wonderful to hold and made everything peaceful and right. A few weeks after her birth, when things were a bit difficult, I held her tightly while she slept in my arms and I was comforted by her love and trust in me as a new mother. During my pregnancy with her brother, she was my constant comfort, always checking to make sure I was okay. More than any thing else during that pregnancy, I NEEDED her with me always. I became clingy to her, especially in the end. Recently when I was sick, she "cared" for me as best as she could.


I wonder if each of my children will embody a certain word. Right now Samuel is somewhere between laughter and adventure...I wonder if in the end he will be either one of those.

Happy Birthday, to my little comfort! I love you Rose Marie so very much!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very beautiful! Happy Birthday Rose Marie!

Daddy said...

Isn't it funny how things seem to repeat themselves in families. Your words my dear daughter are so beautiful about your little girl and I can say they apply most aptly to how I feel about you. I love the woman you have become.

Wife of a Soldier said...

What a sweet reflection! :) You have such a beautiful family, Jess! Happy Birthday Rose Marie! :D