Thursday, January 8, 2009

When it rains, it pours...

The flu has decided that our house would be a perfect place to come and visit for awhile. These are the times when sacrificial love reaches all time highs. It feels like everyone is miserable and cranky, no one feels good, no one is sleeping well and food is simply out of the question. At the end of the day, all I have energy is for is a good cry and a sigh of relief that one more day is down and hoping that tomorrow will be better. Despite the craziness and sleep deprivation, I am eternally grateful for God's grace. Just when everything hits the worst, somehow I find the strength and energy to get through that moment and on the other side. Even more amazing, in the worst moments is when I feel God is closest to me. I guess in that horrible time I know that unless He physically carries me through, I am going to collapse beside my toddler with an upset tummy and a hysterical newborn...and He always does. He is always there.

And I am acutely aware of how much I am loved in these tough times. My love for my sick family is so deep, I want to stretch myself to the limits to make them well again and see them happy...I am loved even more by Our Lord, whose sacrificial love was displayed for me in a much bigger way than simply battling the flu.

Thank you Lord, for loving me the way You do. Thank you for helping me come closer to You in hard times. Please continue to give me the strength to help my little family feel better.

2 comments:

Wife of a Soldier said...

Aw! Hang in there! I remember going through a bout of sickness right after Grace was born too. Thank God for husbands ;)

M. T. said...

Big hug to you, roomie. :(
I've been here too. God stretches you till it hurts and then does it again. :) And I, for one, have to keep re-learning the "God is always there" lesson. :) I hope you all get better soon. XOXOX