Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life changes

Finally...a moment to catch up on my thoughts. This will probably be brief, but I will come back for quick thoughts as often as possible. It feels so good to organize these precious little moments in my mind.

Samuel is now a month old! I can hardly believe it! He is so exquisitely beautiful. He has begun smiling and cooing when spoken to. His favorite thing to do is be snuggled (all the time!) Napping is not so much a favorite activity, but we are working on that.

Rose Marie is an AMAZING big sister. She loves Samuel so much and tells us that frequently. She lets me know when he is upset and tries her best to soothe and entertain him. She loves to give him a bath, which is very helpful to me, as I try to hold a squirmy, slippery newborn!

It feels incredible to have moved from being a family of three to a family of four! Somehow it feels like we are a "real" family now and I love it! We still have a lot of adjusting to do...or at least I do, but I am trying to take it a day at a time for now. I feel like I have accomplished so much when dishes are done and quality time has been given to both of my children. I am still working on how to get dinner on the table between nursing and the needs of my toddler, but hopefully that will gradually fall into place. As you all know, I am also trying to figure out when to blog or make phone calls where you won't here the cries of the baby or again, the needs of my toddler. My days are so full now, and I enjoy it and am trying everyday to just go with the flow.

I promise to post more, I would love to talk a bit about Samuel's birth, but this will have to do for now. I am hearing stirrings from the crib, so my time is about to be cut short. :) Here are a few pictures to enjoy. Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

M. T. said...

I love that "real" family feeling! :) We are so blessed, aren't we?
I was glad to see you posting again, but I know how hard it is to find time!