Saturday, September 27, 2008

Maybe we are doing something right.


While I was cooking dinner yesterday, Rose Marie was busy being "Mommy" to her baby doll. I was semi-aware of what she was doing while I was cooking. I knew that she was pretending to go grocery shopping, that they went to an imaginary park and that she was teaching her...something...although I am not sure what. But then she did something that halted me in the middle of my dinner preparations. She took dolly back to her bed, knelt down, helped dolly make the sign of the cross, asked her to thank Jesus for something and then proceeded to say the "Hail Mary" twice all the way through, and then tucked her "snug as bug," into bed. I was shocked! I am sure that Rose Marie and dolly's prayers warmed Our Lord's heart...(along with their mutual gratefulness for cookies) I know it meant the world to me. Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more!

3 comments:

Wife of a Soldier said...

How sweet! I do love this age :)

Mary said...

Aww. You needa delete the "maybe" from the title of this post, by the way!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!