Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Feast of St. Mary Magdalene




On my Confirmation Day, I took the name Mary Magdalene. The story of her love, trust and complete abandonment to Our Lord has been one that I find perpetually beautiful! St. Anselm wrote a beautiful prayer to St. Mary Magdalene and it contains incredible thoughts to ponder! The prayer is on this page, along with wonderful information about her.

I just learned that one of the traditional ways of honoring her Feast Day is to make Massage oil! Yeay! Does that mean that the pregnant woman gets first dibs on being the one massaged?

I think Rose Marie and I will walk to the bakery, where there is a very appetizing selection of madeleines and maybe a coffee.

St. Mary Magdalene, pray for us!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I thought of you today when the priest said at Mass that Our Lord proposed to Mary Magdalene and she said yes! :) You have a beautiful saint!

Mary said...

Sooooo, I came to check on your poll. :) Looks like Rose will be disappointed! :)