Friday, July 11, 2008

Do Not...


1) Give your color matching obsessed toddler COLORED construction paper and crayons as a fun art activity. She will inevitably think that she must match her colors to the paper. Thus, frustration instead of fun. A brown crayon will not show up on brown paper, neither does a yellow crayon show up on yellow paper. She looked at me in utter frustration, as if to say, "What good is all this color matching anyway! Look where it gets me!" Note to mommy...just stick with plain old white paper next time.


2) In an effort to avoid a misstep, tell your daughter to "Watch her step." A quick walk from the apartment to the car will become a 15 minute stroll with each step being carefully observed and "watched!" How can I get frustrated with her...I told her to "Watch her step!" I guess mommy needs to watch her words! :)

No comments: