Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ponderings from the Small One

1) What is that dark drink that Mommy makes every morning that causes her to go from boring, to at least, more interesting?

2) Why is it that when I am in the house or outside and I yell, "Stuck!" Mommy comes running to rescue me, but when I am in my carseat, unable to get out and I scream, "Stuck!" she just smiles? Why doesn't she understand me in the car?

3) Why can't I be the one putting things in the grocery cart? Mommy doesn't always pick the ones I choose.

4) Why doesn't Mommy want a bite of my snack (a bowl full of cooked peas) in the morning? I told her they were good.

5) Why does my creativity have to stay only on the coloring book and not on Mommy's shirt? A white shirt is boring, I was trying to make her pretty.

6) Why can I unload the clean dishes from the dishwasher, but not the dirty ones?

7) What does Mommy do when I am napping? Poor Mommy, one day she will understand that I need my sleep, even though she must be awfully lonely without me.

8) Why does Mommy put all my toys away when I worked so hard on getting them all out?

9) Who gave Mommy the idea that she can cook without my help? She NEEDS me right there to direct and explain. Poor Mommy, she has so much to learn!

10) Why am I expected to obey the command, "Come," but when I want Mommy to stop making dinner and read me a story, and I stomp my feet and yell, "Come," to Mommy she only tells me to "Be nice!" I just don't understand...I said it right! I am sure she understood me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a wise child once said, "I just don't understand the world!" and after all, adults do seem to do the strangest things!
*smile* I love you all!

Mary said...

So funny! I always think if we could see inside their heads we'd be amazed. :)

Anonymous said...

Do dogs eat bees?Is there wrestling in heaven? Will Jesus have food I will eat in heaven? The mind of a child... Their thoughts and endless questions I believe bring us to the foot of the Throne. Mom

Jake and Elizabeth said...

That sounds just like Rose=)