Sunday, April 5, 2009

View from Our New Home!

For those of you who have been following our relocation saga, I thought it was high time to fill you in on how it ended. God has given us a huge blessing! A few days before we were supposed to move back into our old apartment, Jake was browsing through Craig's List and found a townhome available for rent. It had so much square footage and even a small fenced in yard! We spoke with the lady, went to see it and simply fell in love. So our plans changed once again, and we moved into a beautiful townhome that we are renting while we continue to look for a house. Although...I think we are so in love with this place we are going to have a difficult time moving again. :) Jacob was just reminding me that one of our favorite things about this house is the amount of sunlight we get everyday. I didn't realize how little sunlight we had at the old place, nor what a huge difference the sunlight would make to our lives. Anyway, here a few pictures of our new home! God is so good! I am so grateful for His blessing us in this way.

1) We will start with the messy room (a.k.a. Rose Marie's room!) Her room is easily spotted by the books everywhere and her kitchen things in the places not occupied by the books! She loves it and it has become her place for quiet time. I will find her sitting on her bed looking through her stories or with having a tea-party with Bud-Bud. I love seeing her enjoy her quiet space.



2) Samuel's room! Jacob set this room up beautifully! The picture doesn't show the "nursing corner," but my rocking chair and a table are set up with my books and rosary, which is so nice!

3) My domain! I love how open the kitchen is. It looks out into the playarea and the living room.

4) The living room

5) One of my favorite areas, the playroom. Rose sits here and does her works or eats her snacks, and Sam plays next to her on the floor. I am so grateful for this space!

5 comments:

Heather said...

It looks beautiful! Love the kitchen. It is amazing what a difference the sunlight makes - our old condo had so much more natural light than the one we are in now. I miss it.

Elizabeth said...

lovely!!!

Wife of a Soldier said...

How bright and cheery! I love all the sunlight! I bet Rose Marie and Samuel love their new home :)

M. T. said...

Wow! It's beautiful. I love the kitchen too. Lucky Mezas! You deserve this great house after being "homeless" for a while. ;) (But hey, when you put that dance floor in in the master bedroom, show us the pics of that too! ;)

Kate said...

Jess! The house is beautiful!! It looks so open and light! It looks amazing!! I am sooooo happy for you guys!! Ahhh! I want to come see it soooo bad!! I am so glad after all the prayers and waiting it all turned out well! No family deserves it more than you and Jake! I love you all so much!
God Bless