Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Current Favorites

Just wanted to share a few of our new favorite children's books (according to Rose Marie, of course!) :)

1) The beloved author of the "Gossie" books, Olivier Dunrea, has another beautiful book called, "It's Snowing!" It is a beautifully illustrated book about a mother introducing her baby to his first snow. It is an easy book to memorize, which is why I find Rose Marie constantly "reading" it to herself and Bud Bud. We have borrowed it from the library, but I think this may be one of those ones we have to own.

2) Another one, that is similar is, "Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes," by Mem Fox and illustrated by Helen Oxenbury. The pictures are beautiful and the story is absolutely charming. Rose Marie likes to tickle Sam's toes and repeat the rhyme, "And this little baby, as everyone knows, has ten little fingers and ten little toes!"

3) And of course, the ever popular, "We're Going on a Bear Hunt," by Michael Rosen and again illustrated by Helen Oxenbury. This is just a classic and so much fun to read!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE Going on a Bear Hunt! I had it memorized when I was teaching and I often recite it too Augustine but I think I need to own it. :) Happy reading to your little ones! :)

M. T. said...

Ooo, good ideas, yay! We haven't read any of these! Thanks for making our next trip to the library easier (I hate sifting through all the idiotic children's books at our library searching for a decent few!!) I think I'll make a post about our current favorites soon too! We'll get Rose Marie & Turtle started on the swapping good books thing early. :)