Friday, April 3, 2009

4 months old!



Samuel is now 4 months old...and I am relishing every chubby, wiggly, giggly moment of it. I miss him when he is sleeping and I love having him near me when he is awake. I love how he will stare at me until I look in his direction and then breaks into a huge smile, and kicks and squirms for happiness. He loves to give big drooly, open-mouthed kisses, which I gladly accept.

The other morning, he was laying beside me in bed and he rolled himself on his side, reached for my face and kept touching my lips. I sent him into into squeals of laughter by kissing the tips of the little fingers which he kept offering.

I love how he watches Rose Marie and tries so hard to interact with her. She likes to give him toys to hold and then applauds when he grasps it. He likes making her happy. He will even sit there and allow her to play tea-party with him. She hands him a teaspoon or cup and carries on a conversation with him, while he sits there staring at her intently. He is such a good little brother, and she is an incredible big sister.

He still laughs by inhaling, which I still think is the funniest thing to hear. His breath smells sweet and milky. He is simply magical and wonderful. He becomes more so everyday, just like his big sister. I feel so blest to be the mother of these two amazing little people. Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more.

3 comments:

A. T. Wallace said...

I am so glad you get to experience life with a loving little boy too! Aren't they just wonderful!?! :) Happy 4 months, little man!

M. T. said...

I love the pictures!

Aunt Kate said...

I miss him!! I miss you all!! I can't wait to come and see you guys and the new house!! I love these pictures! I love you all!