Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All in a Day's Work

  1. Retrieve what used to be pieces to Rose Marie's favorite puzzle from the washing machine. I don't know why I didn't look for puzzle pieces in the laundry basket initially...now I know.
  2. Rescue Bud Bud from being "toilet trained," on a potty that still had pee in it! Talk about close call! Yuck! From now we "pretend" that we teach toilet training to Bud Bud, by using a little chair or a stool, not the real potty.
  3. Go Jack Bauer on a spider, that Rose Marie insisted she was unable to shoot. (I didn't realize that we shoot bugs, but hey, whatever works I guess!)
  4. Sift through the grocery cart at the check-out, trying to remember which things I put in the cart, and which things magically appeared there with the help of a certain two year old. Apparently, she is feeling drawn to Asian food, based on the sauces and spices I laid aside today.
  5. Honing cat-like reflexes as I see, out of the corner of my eye, an egg being held above the head of said two year old, who is "baking" cinnamon bread and catching the egg just before it was about to meet certain demise all over the counter. As I gingerly take the egg from her hand, she says, "I can crack the egg myself." Right.
  6. Receiving a long, wonderful little kiss from this two year old and hear her say, "Mama I love you very much."

Yeah...it is totally worth it!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Lol! i love you! I'm glad YOU can "go Jack Bauer" on a spider. Horrors. I would make T. get it! :)