Friday, December 7, 2007

Undiscovered Talent:

Remember dancing by yourself...you remember the time, the time when the audience (i.e. teddy bears, dolls and lego men) waited with bated breath as you finished your routine with a twirl in your toe shoes and ended with a graceful bow? Or remember singing and knowing that if someone heard you, your records would sell faster than anyone else's?

Now I have an audience, and I still dance and sing. But now, the applause and squeals of delight are not imaginary. My daughter thinks I am amazing...or comical at least. And I love every moment of it! In her eyes I am a prima ballerina, professional Irish Dancer, Whitney Houston, Monet, Chef Extraordinaire, Finder of all lost things, the Teddy Whisperer and Hans Christian Anderson (apparently with a comical twist) all in one! Who knew I was so talented! Certainly not me! I have a feeling, that every mother discovers these hidden talents, when small eyes are fixed upon them. Never pass a mother and think she is "just a mom." Oh no! She is a superstar followed by the most dedicated fans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's why I married your mom. She still amazes me with her hidden talents. Isn't it great how our children bring out our skills and talents that no one will see but them.

Anonymous said...

Daddy can fix anything! It is precious statments like this that are spoken and so truly believed by childeren, that let their parents know how they are seen in their childs eyes. Whether it is something as simple as being able to bake cookies or glue a broken toy, no one eles can do it like mommy and daddy!! You are the hero of their lives, not for being rich, well known or amazingly talented, but because you love them and they know you will always be there to glue the pieces back together!!
It is the little hidden talents that make a person who they are!
I love you all!!

Mary said...

Of course she's not "just" a mom! ;) I never knew I had such talent. :)
Btw, I bet you were a very cute little performer when you were small.