Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Little Man

Just thinking of Samuel, makes me smile. I really believe he is the cutest little man I have ever seen. That could be directly related to the fact that, he is a perfect replica of his Daddy, whom I also adore.

However, by nine o'clock in the morning I am ready for another cup of coffee, often wishing it were a stiff drink. By that time I have already, pulled Samuel out of the dryer, caught him mid-jump off the dinning room table/dresser/counter-top/seventh stair etc., reminded him not to dangle over the balcony, explained that Rose Marie's hair is not to be used as lasso, firmly reprimanded the stabbing of electrical outlets with screwdrivers and then followed that one up with, "We do not put electrical outlet baby-proofing stoppers in our mouths!" Sigh.

But then he comes over with those little lips and gives me a huge kiss, curls up in my arms with his blanket and a plea to, "Book read." He rubs my face so gently and even gives me a wink. How can I resist?! I am so in love with this little bundle of mischief and I am pretty certain he is using that to his advantage.

Truly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Each day is utterly unique with Samuel and I need to learn to laugh more and stress a little less...just so long as he lives through the day.

2 comments:

Wife of a Soldier said...

Boys are awesome aren't they? ;) Have you checked out "How do you tuck in a Superhero" by Rachel Balducci? It's wonderful at proclaiming how exasperating they can be, but they, you wouldn't want it any other way either ;)

I understand the "hurt" after the move. Things are suppossed to be great with your family back together again, the move over, and so many good things awaiting. But the reality of the situation takes some time. New routines must be established. New favorite places to venture. It will fall into place, I promise :) Hope we can get together when I'm out there next summer while James is deplyed. I'd love to catch up with you in person and see your wonderful little people! :)

ErinT said...

I know very well what you mean! Michael certainly gives me a run for my money nearly every day, but then there are moments when he completely melts my heart. :) I hope the Meza family is doing well after their move!