Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Rose Marie!

It has been four wonderful years since I gave birth to Rose Marie! I can hardly believe that so much time has gone by already! When people ask me how old my children are, I find myself practically stuttering when I say that I have a four year old.

This year, Rose Marie asked that I make her a "Candyland Cake." Candyland is her FAVORITE game to play! That little game has given the two of us hours of special memories. So, we gave her a Candyland Themed Birthday Party. Her favorite part of the party, happens to be the one thing that I don't have photos of! I decorated the downstairs of our home to resemble the Candyland Game. I used construction paper for the path and made various little obstacles that the kids had to go through, or climb over. We used the cards from the game and the children were the "pieces" that were moved around from spot to spot. We played it several times in a row, and even the mommies were great sports and jumped in to play as well! This was the part of the day that she keeps talking about. I am sorry that I don't have pictures of that part, but here are a few of the other activities:

1) Her cake! I have to admit...I was very proud of how it turned out. She was thrilled with it! She actually asked me if we could just blow out the candles on it, but not cut into because she wanted to keep looking at it. That made my day! :)

2) Sam, hitting up the juice boxes from the cooler. He was more than happy to take part in all of those special goodies that are reserved for "special occasions ONLY." And yes, in our house, juice boxes fall under that category.

3) The kids all decorated chocolate cookies that Rose Marie and I had made the day before. She loved making them, knowing that everyone would get to decorate them. It was a fun, tasty, mess!

4) Of course, we played "Brown Paper Bag Races." Rose Marie discovered this game during the cold, winter months and it is now the activity she looks forward to after EVERY shopping trip. So, we made it a party game! :)



5) Happy Birthday, to my big girl!



6) I love you Rose Marie! I am so incredibly grateful, that Jesus sent you into our lives! You are my comfort and my joy. I love these years with you, and I hope that they are as wonder-filled for you as they are for me!


5 comments:

Wife of a Soldier said...

Jess, that cake is AWESOME! Sounds like the party was a blast - you are such an amzing Mommy! We'll def have to try the brown bag races too! Great idea!

M. T. said...

Aww, I can't believe we missed it! What a fantastic party! And I agree with Laura, the cake is AMAZING! :)

Little Things said...

Thank you both so much! It was a fun party and the smile on her face was so wonderful to see. M.T. we missed you guys, but hopefully we will see you soon. Maybe we could do brown bag races at the beach! :)

Mara said...

Happy birthday sweet, beautiful Rose! Wish we could have been there!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures you posted! Ie had such a great time visiting you all :)
xo,
Amber