Monday, May 17, 2010

Book Suggestions?

I am really excited! I am about to take a full week break from my part time job for the first time in three years! With some leisure time looming ahead, I am dying to dive into a good book (or two!) Somehow I feel out of the loop of good reads recently and could use a few suggestions. I am in the mood for something Elizabeth Gaskell/Jane Austen/complete chick-flick and easy reading type of book. Maybe for variety, I would love something a little more thought provoking and beautiful. Have you read anything recently that you would recommend?

5 comments:

JellyBelly said...

You should read "Sweetness in the Belly" by Camilla Gibb. I read it last year and it was AWESOME!!!

I also just finished "The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer. It's a quick read and a great story.

If you ever want a book recommendation just send me an e-mail jellybelly_75 at yahoo dot com. I'm a big reader!

emptee A said...

I'm a Jane Austen (author) fan too. I would also recommend Jane Eyre, Little Women..George Eliot (her books are good!)...Those are my staple books. Hopefully I'm not to late to get on the list. :)

Wife of a Soldier said...

My cousin just started reading "Murphy's Law" which is a mystery (series?) about Irish immigrants in 1900 NYC. Sounds like it might be worth picking up :) I personally loved "Street Gang" about JimHenson and the founding of Sesame Street - his view is redically different than what it's evolved into.

Little Things said...

Thank you JB for the suggestion of "Sweetness in the Belly," I have been really curious about that one! Now I am totally going to give it a try!

Emptee A, I haven't picked up George Eliot in FOREVER and could actually really use another round. Thank you for the reminder! :)

Shannon said...

so, J... I had this dream last night that you and your husband were so sweet, giving me advice and being genuinely understanding of me wanting to find my hubby!

It was so sweet.

STILL loving your blog..