Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Some Perspective

I have a weakness for funny t-shirts. There I said it! I am totally the kind of mother, who stands in the store and laughs and giggles over the funny sayings plastered on onesies. One of my biggest regrets is that I did NOT purchase that adorable one last Christmas for Samuel which said, "I don't need mistletoe to get kissed!" I still can't remember why I passed that one up.

The one which Samuel is so graciously modeling says, "Future Knight in Shining Armor." Somehow this onesie not only gives me a good giggle in the morning when I wrestle to put it on him, but it gives me much needed perspective on certain behaviors of his.

For example:

It helps me realize that perhaps his incessant need to chase his sister around the house, stabbing her with anything that could look like a sword, is actually in preparation for the "dragons" he may have to slay for his future love.

Maybe he is not trying to make Mommy fall and break her neck when he empties all of her Tupperware all over the kitchen floor, but merely practicing for the day he will help his beloved in the kitchen.

He understands that women do like men with good hygiene, and this would explain why he is always turning on the faucets in the house and playing in the water. (I only wish the water had the good sense to somehow stay in the bathroom!)

And of course, all women love a man who is good with babies, which is why he demonstrates his love for Rose Marie's baby dolls by using them as roadways for his cars.

Yes, this shirt explains so much. He is not really mischievous, he is merely a young squire, training for knighthood.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So cute! :)

jcassidy63 said...

Hah, Simeon has the same shirt, great minds think alike. He looks so much like Jake, yikes.

Cassidy