Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Homemade Baby Food


We are back in the baby food stage again! It is with joy and sadness that this venture begins. I am never in a hurry for my babies to begin eating food, but with Sam, it was definitely time.


Even though I am sad that he is no longer exclusively nursing, I actually do enjoy preparing his food and watching him try new things. For anyone with soon to be eating babies, I highly recomend trying to make their food yourself. It is much easier than what most people think and incredibly rewarding, (not to mention drastically cheaper!) This is my favorite tool for preparing the food. It was given to me as a bridal shower gift and it is the perfect tool for mixing baby food! Economics aside, I feel so good knowing exactly where Sam's food comes from and how it is made. So far his new diet consists of: avocado, peas, green beans, sweet potato and banana. We will be trying apples later this week, and I have no doubt that they will be a hit.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay for you! I never seemed to manage to make Augustine's food- probably because he wouldn't eat it :). Anyways, yay for you and Sam!!

Wife of a Soldier said...

Isn't it great? I loved making baby food for Jax. Never ended up doing it on a regualr basis for Grace, but can't wait to for Abby! There area ton of recipes online for what foods are good mixed together :)