Saturday, May 9, 2009

Friends


In the more difficult patches of my pregnancy with Samuel, I would think to myself, "One day, this will be the one who will keep Rose Marie company...I am giving her a friend...I can do this." Little did I know that, the first buds of that friendship would come so early. He is only 5 months old, but it is there, it is beginning.

I am quickly gaining time in my day, that was not there before. At least three mornings this week, I had a half hour all to myself because Rose and Sam were "playing" together. This is not something I have asked her to do, it is something she does on her own accord. She sees him laying on the floor with a toy and decides that it is more fun to play with him than with her doll. In the picture above, she brought her toy castle over and gave him the prince to hold while she played with the other characters. As long as he could hold the prince there, she was content to make up conversations for his and her parts.

He looks for her throughout the day, and tries his best to make her laugh. She does the same for him. When I go for a jog with them in the stroller, they hold hands and she keeps the bugs off his legs. She rejoices in all of his developmental milestones and is working hard on teaching him to talk (that may be awhile yet, but he thinks it is funny to watch her!)

I am not so naive as to think that this will last forever, but for now, I am loving it. I love watching them interact together and realize that they have a special need for one another. It is beautiful! I have been given such a gift in my own siblings and I am so excited to see that my two, have already begun to form a bond. This is what being part of a family is all about...and it is wonderful!

4 comments:

Daddy said...

And so it continues...You are a terrific mom, wife, daughter, and sister. In other words I think you're Awesome!!! Keep up the fantastic work. I love you.

A. T. Wallace said...

That is so wonderful! :) They are too cute!

Wife of a Soldier said...

What a sweet pict! It's so fun to see them interacting more and more the older they get :) I am loving watching Abby start looking up to Grace the way she looks up Jax ;)

Elizabeth said...

Just so you know, I miss your blog. :)