Tuesday, November 13, 2007

One of those days

She woke up on the wrong side of the crib. That was the beginning. Then, her nose would not stop running, she couldn't put her pink elephant back in the crib by herself, Mommy didn't make her favorite breakfast, her nose had to be wiped one too many times, she tripped in the middle of her twirl, she wasn't allowed to throw her food on the floor even though she was sick etc. etc. etc.!!!! I gave myself the "Worst Mommy of the Year Award," because I simply could not appease her. The world was her enemy, and I was included in that. And then it happened...as I held her by the crib whispering her prayers in her ears, she wrapped her little arms around my neck and then patted me lovingly on the back, while her head rested against my shoulder. We stayed like that until she began to fall asleep. I guess, the day wasn't that bad after all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some times moments like that just make up for everything eles! She knew she had made you feel bad and in her own small way was letting you know that she was just having a bad hair day but she still loves you. :)

Papa Cass said...

Jess,

Now that sounds like a day!!! And just know, you won't please them all the time. That is the difference between being a parent and a friend!! Hey thanks for the post and the prayers are so welcome. Tell your husband that I will call him tomorrow if possible and we can chit chat a little. I hope all is well there and life is better, which I know it is.

God Bless,
The Cassidy's

Mary said...

I know those days well. ;S It's all forgiven and forgotten in one moment though, isn't it?