Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Cleanup Fairy (a.k.a. Mommy is losing her mind!)

I am quite convinced that Rose Marie has a list of things that must be done each day. Topping that list, seems to be the task of cleaning up the house. Ironically, this also tops Mommy's list of things to do.

Mommy goes over to re-stack the shoes on the shoe shelf, put all the clean dishes in their cupboards, make sure that the toys are in the baskets, dirty and clean laundry are in their proper places etc. Rose Marie then makes sure that all the shoes are on the floor where they CLEARLY belong, that the pots and pans are strewn across the kitchen floor (not forgetting, of course to put a sandal in the saute pan, carefully covered with the proper lid,) place every conceivable toy all over the other floors in the house where they OBVIOUSLY look the most pretty, go through the dirty laundry and ever so carefully place Mommy's unmentionables on the couch or the ottoman to be admired by guests.

Thus, just as Mommy finishes taking the spatula and wooden spoon out of the bathtub, she turns around and is astounded to find that although she thought she had spent the entire morning cleaning, apparently the house is a pigsty and hasn't been cleaned in weeks!

To all who enter our home...know that about 2.7 seconds before you came through that door, the house was clean. My home is haunted by a beautiful, little clean-up fairy who decided to welcome you in her own adorable, "hospitable" way.

6 comments:

Mary said...

AMEN TO EVERY WORD!
I have one of those too!

Wife of a Soldier said...

Hmmmm..... sounds strangely familiar! Lol! Usually happens right before James gets home from work, so when he walks in the door and looks around, I get that teasing, "what have *you* been doing all day?" lol!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.

I came here just now for the first time, because of some beautiful words of yours on the 4Real message board about your experience with homeschooling, and found beautiful words overflowing with each post! (This one is especially cute :), and I've printed out the Hopkins poem to memorize.)

Thanks, and I'll definitely be back!

Warmly,
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Tee-hee!

I meant to leave my info with the last post, but I hit the "enter" key by mistake! :)

The Bookworm said...

How I can relate! I found a whole heap of plastic cups neatly stacked in the laundry basket, which made a change from them being tidily arranged across the kitchen floor ;).

Anonymous said...

I bet she congratulates herself with "good girl!" :) She is sooo helpful and organized! but you got to love the creative mess and the caotic beauty! She is trying to make your life exciting and a new adventure every day! :) I am sure she does a great job! If she every runs out of Ideas I am sure Aunt Kate could give her a few more! :) Love, Kate