Monday, September 17, 2007

Answered Prayers




Although this blog has been a bit quiet recently, my thoughts have been extremely busy. I feel as if I have so much to say, but it is all too jumbled to express.




One of the thoughts, that has been on my mind most recently, has been about my husband. I have been thinking about how much I write about our beautiful daughter, but I haven't mentioned as much about the man who works tirelessly to keep me home, so that I can enjoy her in all of her glory.




Somehow he manages in a single day, to listen attentively to his wife over a cup of coffee, work through the entire day (which includes more math than I think I ever did in highschool or college combined!), spend time teaching his wife how to play tennis, read several books to his daughter, distract his daughter so that his wife can cook a sometimes decent dinner, do his homework for his final graduate class, bathe his daughter, read to her (again!!!), tuck her into bed, pour a glass of wine and happily continue the conversation that was begun over the cup of coffee! Now I feel exhausted! After all that, he never complains, but lovingly performs each task. I still stand in awe over the fact that he manages to work full time and take the most difficult class in the Master's program and somehow end the day knowing that he has also shown a tremendous amount of love to the two girls in his life. I am so blest! This is a thought that has been very much on my mind. If my readers find it sappy, or sentimental I cannot apologize. I feel like I have been watching my husband, seeing his daily sacrifices and hoping someday, I can show him that true love that he so freely gives to us. Thank you St. Joseph for answering all of my girlhood prayers...you picked a good one!

No comments: