Monday, August 9, 2010

County Fair!!!

This year we decided that we would "try out" the local county fair. We had no idea what a fun evening we were in for! We had so much fun and Rose Marie is already talking about going again next year. The kids were perfect ages to really enjoy what was going on and it was so fun to watch them! Here a few snapshots:

1) Animals! Sam and I had just been going over the sounds animals make that morning, so he was thrilled beyond words to hear them in person. We was so excited to hear the pigs grunting, and then he turned to look at me as if to say, "Mommy you were telling me the truth! They really DO make that funny sound!" Priceless! These little lambs were very friendly.

2) What would a fair be without Monster Trucks! Sam kept saying, "Oh wow! Oh wow! Mommy, oh wow!" I think he was pretty impressed.

3) Carnival rides! I think the two different reactions to the ride are pretty well caught in this photo. Rose had such a great time and was much braver than I expected her to be, while Sam on the other hand...well, not as thrilled.


4) Rose decided she was old enough to ride the roller coaster all by herself. I was incredibly scared and could hardly watch her from the sidelines. I had to fight the urge to talk my brave girl out of the ride and try to be respectful of her decision. At the end of the night, it was her favorite ride! Here is her proud/excited little face after it was over.


5) This little one, was much more to Sam's liking:



6) At the end of a fun-filled Fair day! The whole trip home, Rose Marie made plans for next year's fair. We can't wait!



3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

so fun! I love Sam in the truck tire! :)

M. T. said...

How FUN! :) We loved that little ol' fair when we lived there too. :)
And good for brave little Rose! Poor T. didn't get to go on any rides at the fair we were at last weekend, they closed before we got there the last day. She cried and cried. I'm not even really sure she wouldn't have been scared though . . .:)

Mara said...

I love these pictures, Jessica! Your little ones are so beautiful!